Wednesday 1 January 2014

Male Make-Up Essentials: My Everyday Kit



Its common nowadays to find that guys have a basic grooming kit, whether it contain post-shave balm, pair of tweezers, a lip-balm or sorts, a concealer stick or even some bronzer. So for the past two years I've been using various products that I think create a subtle, fresh-faced look for guys and a look that guys can get away with, without the "face full of make-up" stigma being attached. I will at a later date upload a video to "NevsNatterTV" showing how to apply each product, but I thought it'd be beneficial to create a blogpost to refer to for product purchases and application instrutions. 

I have chosen a selection of products that suit my skin type (normal - dry), and shades that suit my skins complexion however I have attempted to select products that suit general skin types.

#1
Now if make-up application is not for you, which is fine, I always recommend the use of a facial moisturiser/day cream and a hand lotion. After using various moisturisers I found that the Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Intensive Daily Moisturiser for Face with SPF 15 was the best option. Its almost like a primer and unlike the promise drugstore moisturisers make, the price really can be overlooked with the effectiveness of its application. 

#2


 After preparing the skin with the Elizabeth Arden Moisturiser, I use Benefits Boing Concealer in Shade 02. Now I'm not usually a fan of compact concealers as I really don't like having a completely matte face. However with Boing a little bit really goes a long way and the subtlety comes from not using excessively and the quality comes from its effective cover-up of blemishes. For contouring and for further coverup I use L'Oreal Nude Magique BB Cream, I just apply to the cheekbones, sides of my nose and my temples and it really helps cover any further blemishes and gives a more natural look!

#3

When it comes to brows I found it so hard to find a product that looked subtle enough for a guys every-day use. I looked at varying kits and treatments that can be used in order to shape/tint brows. I finally came across Benefits Speed Brow, which is a brush-on eyebrow gel, it keeps the eyebrow shaped with a neutral tint and it literally takes seconds to use.


#4

And finally a good lip-balm/treatment is so crucial. No body likes a cracked lip! So for more intense treatment I've been using the Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Intensive Lip Repair Cream which I have just been applying before I go to sleep and first thing when I wake up. Then for application during the day I've been using the EOS Moisturizing Lip Balm in Sweet Mint, it honestly smells so nice and so fresh.


So there you have it guys, some simple tips and products that can be used to create a subtle but clear complexion for guys who don't particularly wear make-up or for those simply looking for the right products. 

Please let me know what you thought of this post and I'll continue to upload similar tip and reviews as I have enjoyed doing this one so much!


What is your favourite product for a subtle look?



Nev

x

3 comments:

  1. I love this site and its writers, its a joy to read
    jeux de sonica

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only the women but men too deserve the best skin care products. There are many stores these days from where men can shop for some quality products like skin creams and beard oil dry skin.

    ReplyDelete